Friday, December 16, 2011

London Adventures: Dec 5-15

I'll say this first: I'M HOME!  After class yesterday morning, I hung out with the Messersmiths a bit before they gave me a ride to the airport.  My plane took off an hour late, but I eventually landed in DC at around 9:15pm EST.  To my surprise, my brother, Bobby, and his girlfriend picked me up and I guess we were having too good of a time chatting which led to Bobby following the beltway into Maryland and we didn't get home until midnight even though we left the airport around 10... whoops!  At that point my body was thinking that it was 5am, so I hit the pillow.  So exciting to be back!!

School:
 Spent my time studying for my Silk Road exam and using the physical library sources while I could for my essays due the first week back from Christmas.  I think the exam went well...

Work:
 Topics have still been going on about American vs English words and foods... they can't grasp the concept of an American biscuit.

Church:
Sang Silent Night as a trio with Corinne and Lisa for the morning service and then we had the Christmas Cantata in the evening.  Voice = shot.  I don't know how I sang the soprano of Silent Night but I did and then later ended up lip syncing any "high" alto or long notes... but the program was fun and the food delicious. :)

Randoms:
 "Watched" the six Messersmith kids last Thursday... Emily doesn't really need watching and is more like an extra watcher, so maybe more like watched five.  Crazy times!

Dinner with four of the five flatmates on Saturday night.  Everyone made something.  Therefore it was Chinese food plus sweet potato casserole.  Then Wednesday night, my last night, four of us hung out eating ice cream and tang yuen.  So great that we are finally getting to know each other!





No comments:

Post a Comment