Sunday, October 23, 2011

London Adventures: Oct 17-23

Monday:  The flu hit me during the night (does it ever hit during the day??) and I spent several hours on the bathroom floor.  The whole day is just a feverish blur.  Missed a class.  Not happy about that.  Really not good when they only meet once a week.  At about 9:30pm the Jerkins from church brought me medicine and Gatorade which I am SUPER thankful for!  I didn't have any and could barely walk across my room let alone go out to buy things.  When they arrived I was shaking head to toe with the fever.  Medicine definitely calmed it down!!

Tuesday:  Still sick but not as bad as yesterday!  The meds must have helped me sleep because I don't know the last time I slept for so long or so soundly!  Stayed in my cave.  At least I can think and process things today so I managed to get some reading done.  Though I'm definitely better than yesterday, my throat is threatening to get sore again, so I'm nervous about that.  Britain doesn't like me very much it seems... on that note: booked my flight home for Christmas!  I'll be State-side Dec 15 - Jan 5!!

Wednesday:  Still sick.  Read what I could before class and made it there though.  Dizzy by the end of it, so didn't make it to CBC for mid-week Bible study.  Stopped in the library on the way back to the dorm because my Thursday class is one you HAVE to read for or else you are completely lost because it's a class discussion about the readings, not a lecture.  Rested, then read as fast as I could!

Thursday:  Still sick.  Made it to class and felt accomplished that I could participate after last night's cram session.  Went to T-Mobile and topped up my phone so now I can communicate like a normal person.  Going to the T-Mobile store had taken me halfway back anyway, so I continued walking since I was feeling pretty decent.  Saw two people dressed up as American football players!  That was not something I was expecting!  Apparently they were promoting a pub or sports bar of some kind that's going to be showing a game this weekend.  Grocery store for more tea and crackers.  Found GF ginger biscuits which I'm excited about.  Chilled the rest of the afternoon/evening.  Thursdays are kind of like Fridays for me right now because I don't have classes Friday.

I enjoyed the sight even if they were wearing Romo jerseys... 
As Englishmen, they're clearly just confused!

Friday:  Still sick and seem to have relapsed since yesterday's improvement.  Tried to fight it.  Finished the "Seasons" blog post I started yesterday.  Went to the bank to pay for the CU Weekend Away (like the XA Fall Retreat) and deposit my first pay check!  Went to work.  Only lasted an hour.  Felt awful.  Bus on the way home suddenly had to terminate a few stops before mine so had to walk farther than usual which was not good for me at this point.  Spent 20-30 mins laying the in grass in a park enjoying the sunshine and trying to gather energy.  Got back and napped for the rest of the afternoon.  Didn't leave for the weekend away.  Really disappointed about that.

Saturday:  Still sick.  Stayed in.  Lots of reading, online chatting, and napping.  This is when a movie marathon with friends would be useful.


Sunday:  Still sick.  SO bored of my room.  Really glad to go to church and risked it even though I was afraid of my body freaking out from the exertion of getting there.  Really weak on arrival but had Gatorade in my water bottle and drank it throughout the service and it perked me up a bit.  Started going really downhill in the early afternoon and doubted my ability to stick around, but it worked out (maybe it was the Coke after choir practice lol).  Choir practice went well, the evangelism course began, and then evening service. 

"If God puts something in your heart - JUST DO IT.  No 'yeah, but...'s.'  God takes the unimaginable and makes it manageable.  GOD IS ABLE.  Be a person of God who can see past the difficulties like Joshua and Caleb!" -Pastor Steve

Back in my room now.  Heart is happy after today.  Taking a leap of faith with rice pudding.  Lisa says it helped in their household after they all had the flu a few weeks ago.  I'm thinking maybe it's time to see if my body will handle something other than toast and crackers.  It has been a week.  Here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment