Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad

But those who die in the Lord will live;
their bodies will rise again!
Those who sleep in the earth
will rise up and sing for joy!
For your life-giving light will fall like dew on your people in the place of the dead!
-Isaiah 26:19
Praise the Lord!
For he has heard my cry for mercy.
The Lord is my strength and shield.
I trust him with all my heart.
He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.
I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.
The Lord gives his people strength.
-Psalm 28:6-8
Honor the Lord, you heavenly beings;
honor the Lord for his glory and strength.
Honor the Lord for the glory of his name.
Worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness.
The voice of the Lord is powerful;
the voice of the Lord is majestic.
The Lord reigns as king forever.
The Lord gives his people strength.
The Lord blesses them with peace.
-Psalm 29:1-2, 4, 10-11
Sing to the Lord, all you godly ones!
Praise his holy name.
Weeping may last through the night,
but joy comes with the morning.
You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!
-Psalm 30:4-5, 11-12



In Loving Memory
Linwood "Marty" West, Jr.
Dad, "The Great Pumpkin"
b. October 31, 1943
d. May 16, 2006

"Temporary situation"



"Seek the Lord, all who are humble, and follow his commands. 
Seek to do what is right and to live humbly."
-Zephaniah 2:3

No comments:

Post a Comment