Friday, July 1, 2011

Reflections

As this 'Farmville Part 2' chapter of my life comes to a close, I'm finding myself reflecting on it. Never did I imagine I was coming back here! I'm not saying this in a 'I dislike Farmville' sort of way but rather in a 'that wasn't the plan' sort of way.

"We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps." - Proverbs 16:9

Funny how that happens. Being open to change is so important and I'm so thankful for the relationships that have been built up over this last year and a half, both old and new.

For one, I'm incredibly thankful to have been a part of Longwood Chi Alpha once again! Getting to see those that used to be the new underclassmen when I left rock out the leadership roles has been awesome! Then add others that were not even freshmen yet, seeing them grow into the community and also becoming my friends, and you've got another round of awesome!

It's weird to think about Gil and Lindsay leaving at the same time I am and realizing that their seven years of ministry at LU have been my seven years at LU. Sometimes I think the two of you know me better than I know myself! I'm very glad you're in my life!

And Michelle I'm glad that you've been a part of Farmville Part 2 as a sister and friend :) I'm also very excited for you to take care of Chi Alpha. And thank you thank you thank you for letting me stay at your house!!

And Annette I'm very thankful for the mentoring and friendship that you've provided people who have been mentors and friends in my life. I know it has indirectly made my life better and am glad to have finally really met you the somewhat mythical figure!

John, you didn't come from Chi Alpha (though you later integrated), but you were definitely a God-send kind of a boss and friend! I learned a lot from you!

Basically, pretty much everything that is awesome in Farmville Part 2 came directly or indirectly from Chi Alpha (much like Farmville Part 1) because of its focus on community and relationship building (I wish you were here! lol). Seriously though, I am so very thankful for Chi Alpha and all that has come with it. I know that I have gained many friends for life and am happy that it once again became part of the plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment