Thursday, July 14, 2011

English Camp 2011: Departure


My 2010 English Camp Class

At precisely 11:10am tomorrow (July 14) I will be Hong Kong bound, en route to entering a country closed to the the Christian gospel. This will be my fifth trip and fourth English Camp. The trips have ranged from two weeks to six months. This trip is only three weeks (return Aug 4).

I would like to make note that, except for possibly the first couple days spent in HK, I will not be in contact. For starters, Blogger and Facebook are blocked, so that's not even an option. Second, it's just best not to risk tripping the firewall.


I would also like to ask all of you to PRAY! Not everyone can go or give but everyone can pray! Here are some things you can be lifting up:

For the team: safe travels, health (physical and spiritual), bonding, flexibility

For the camp: building of meaningful relationships, that they learn English but also something about Christ whether this is merely though having the chance to see and interact with Christians or through conversation, FLEXIBILITY

For returning team members: the chance to build upon previously established relationships

For long-term missionaries: that the camp continues to give them increased stability in remaining within the community

For the community: that a church will be raised

For me: health (I would prefer not to visit any more of their hospitals and to come back with all of my organs!), endurance/strength (I like to be social but camp can drain it right out of me!), quick recollection of language skills that are a bit rusty, ability to be a leader, ability to teach, sensitivity to the needs around me, wisdom, discernment


The Peak, Hong Kong: Some members of the 2009 team.
One of my favorite spots in the whole world.



"Father break my heart for what breaks Yours
Give me open hands and open doors
Put Your Light in my eyes and let me see
That my own little world is not about me"*

"Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the brokenhearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me you heart for the ones forgotten
Give me your eyes so I can see"**


*Matthew West "My Own Little World"
**Brandon Heath "Give Me Your Eyes"


No comments:

Post a Comment