Monday, April 9, 2012

London Adventures: Feb 27 - April 3

Wow I have some catching up to do!!  It's been a month... or more than a month... let's see if I can recap...

Well, the first three weeks of this missing period were spent on and off with some sort of flu/flus.  Not fun.  And not good for productivity.  Every time I thought I was better I wasn't.  BUT I'm better now.

School:
Guess what.  Two weeks ago I had my last masters classes ever.  All of a sudden it seems like time has just flown by!  Now it's just deadlines and exams.  I turned in an essay the last week of classes and another the week after that.  I'll be turning in another next week and then I have a couple exams.  After that it's all dissertation!  Which I think maybe just maybe I've finally decided on a topic... but I'll wait to post that until it's certain lol

Work:
Didn't get a whole lot of hours in during the sick weeks, but I'm back to normal and grabbing up what I can so that I can have fun later!  I met another "Erin" for the first time since I've been here!  Except this was a guy and he spelled his name "Arran."  It was a spelling I'd never seen before.  Apparently it's not a common name in the UK.  I'm always having to repeat my name and being told that I'm the first Erin people have ever met.  Rarely, I'm the second.  And those two people who have met an Erin before have connections to Ireland.  It's really strange!  To top that off, a couple Sundays ago when I went to Starbucks with Lisa and Emily, they wrote my name on the cup (which they don't seem to do often here, or I think they just started really doing) and spelled it "Irin."

Hockey:
Last week I had my last game.  The Messersmiths were awesome enough to came out and watch.  It's weird to be at that point again where I'm not sure if I'll ever get to play again.

Church:
Church family has continued to be awesome.  Over the course of this chunk of time, I've been thrown into various group singing specials and become part of the new rotation for teaching Junior Church.

Randoms:
PARIS MARATHON IN ONE WEEK!!  EEEEEK.  Paula will be my travel buddy.  I told her she should pass me a baguettes throughout the race... or maybe crepes.  Being sick really took a toll on training, but two weeks ago I managed a 16 mile run and didn't die.  It was the longest run I've ever done in my life (previous was 15 miles three years ago on accident).  That will be the longest run I do before the marathon.  This week is all about not wearing myself out and fueling up.

I've moved house.  After much unofficial time spent in the spare room, I've got the remainders of my things out of the dorm and to the Messersmiths!  If you want my updated address send me a message.

Oh, and did I mention?  My hair is red...

Next stop: Scotland!

No comments:

Post a Comment